Rules and Regulations
We use the official domestic competition regulations presented by USA Volleyball for all levels of volleyball in the United States for the 2012 season with the following exceptions:
- Any player signing in after 9:00AM or the official published start time will be deemed LATE and charged a $5.00 late charge, no exceptions.
- Contact with the net is prohibited during a rally with the following expection(s): Female players hair. A females players can touch the net and there is no fault.
- As of October 2012 Libero's in any format CAN serve for one player.
- After first ball of the day is served all rosters are locked, no changes, no exception.
- Whistles are required for both up and down referees.
- All work teams must supply up and down refs, two line referees and scorekeeper.
- Both up and down refs are required to use whistles for all calls.
- Co-ed 6-player teams (min. 2 females on court at all times; teams may start/play with only 1 female but will forfeit 3 points/game).
- A or AA tournaments only: Team playing with one female player ghost position losing a point every time the ghost comes around for service.
- Absolutely no "AA" players are not allowed to play in B or BB level tournaments.
- All games are played using rally scoring.
- Warm-ups are five minutes between rounds no more or less.
- The use of any electronic devices while refereeing is prohibited, anyone caught using a electronic device while referring will be removed
- from the gym and not invited to play to future VBLI tournaments.
- During regular pool play all 4 team pools will play two (2) games to 25, cap 27 or During regular pool play all 4 team pools will play two (2) games to 21, cap 23 - Tournament Directors Discretion.
- During regular pool play all 5 team pools will play two (2) games to 15, cap 17 or During regular pool play all 5 team pools will play two (2) games to 21, cap 23 - Tournament Directors Discretion.
- Seating is based on and in the following and in the same order: Total wins, head to head, head to head points, over all tournament point differential.
- Semi finals are single elimination, (1) game to 21, no cap.
- Finals are best of three games. First and second games are to 21 points, third game to 15 points, no cap.
Click Here For 2012-2013 Volleyball Domestic Competition Regulations